Repeated internet access???

sdhu

20 Jul, 2019 05:06 PM

I read your input about the app checking for up dates but it seems like every time I interact with MPW I get a spike in data from it. I incidentally noticed it while looking for something else, Granted its probably not a lot of data but it makes me a little nervous. Im using a MacBook with Mojave, I have the firewall full on yet you can see in the screen shot that while I had everything turned off but the VPN service every time I entered the password to the app theres a spike in data, Is there a way to turn off the update checking software routine? Is it a avoided by using the terminal version? Am I just being paranoid?

1. 1 Posted by momo on 09 Aug, 2019 10:54 PM

I think you must receive an answer. Why does Master Password need internet connection? Is it just to check new updating software?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Maarten Billemo... on 10 Aug, 2019 09:01 AM

The only thing that uses the network unprompted is the Crashlytics service which AFAIK loads the configuration file from remote servers on start-up and after a crash submits a report indicating which lines of code were involved in crashes if they happen.

Note that Master Password is fully open-source and can be fully inspected at:
    https://gitlab.com/MasterPassword/MasterPassword/

3. 3 Posted by momo on 10 Aug, 2019 12:27 PM

Thank you so much
    Your work is pricelss
    Best regards

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2019-07-20_at_10.56.53_.png 2.64 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Sep, 2019 10:52 PM
13 Sep, 2019 12:21 AM
11 Sep, 2019 02:54 PM