Change Password

Suzanne

26 Apr, 2019 08:06 PM

I'm using Master Password on my personal laptop and phone. I also use the web version at work. I changed a particular password on my home devices, but the web version at work doesn't give me the option to change the password to match my home devices. How do I do it to make my web version match my home versions?

1. 1 Posted by picadeli on 29 Apr, 2019 08:07 PM

Once you entered your Full Name and Master Password in the web version, it takes may be 10 seconds before you are shown the Site page. Then you can enter your Site information AND also select which type of password (just below site (basic, medium, pin, etc).

2. 2 Posted by Suzanne Forman on 29 Apr, 2019 08:24 PM

I manually changed one of my passwords while on my computer at home. But I don’t see the option to make the same manual change using my work computer.

Sent from my iPhone

3. 3 Posted by picadeli on 29 Apr, 2019 09:32 PM

Oh I see. Then we can assume you have a browser issue, old browsers like IE may not work. I'm only guessing here.
    It is stated at the top of the first page "BETA - This site may not yet work on your browser.".

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Maarten Billemo... on 19 Jun, 2019 06:50 PM

Hi Suzanne,

Can you help me understand exactly what manual change you made on your home computer that you cannot find the option for on your work computer?

5. 5 Posted by Suzanne Forman on 19 Jun, 2019 06:53 PM

Hi!

Thanks for emailing me. I manually changed a password on my home laptop but I can’t make the same manual password change on my PC at work. I don’t see the option here to manually change an existing password.

Suzanne

Sent from my iPhone

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Maarten Billemo... on 19 Jun, 2019 07:00 PM

What is the app you use on your home laptop? Is it a Mac?

What's the operating system on your work computer? Is it Windows?

What type of change did you make on your home computer? Did you save a custom password into one of your sites?

7. 7 Posted by Suzanne Forman on 19 Jun, 2019 07:28 PM

I have a Mac at home and a PC at work. I use Windows on both computers. On my Mac, I changed a password created by Master Password to a custom password. When I tried to change that password on my PC, I wasn’t given the option to change it with a custom password.

So my Mac has the correct password and my PC still has the old one.

Sent from my iPhone

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Maarten Billemo... on 19 Jun, 2019 07:32 PM

Thanks so much for that information, Suzanne. Do you use the same Master Password program at home and at work?

If you're using the web version at work, it's important to understand that the web version doesn't allow you to save custom passwords. That's because the web version doesn't save any information (it's completely stateless for security reasons).

If you do need to save custom passwords, you'll likely want to consider switching to the Desktop version on your work computer.

9. Maarten Billemont closed this discussion on 19 Jun, 2019 07:32 PM.

10. Suzanne Forman re-opened this discussion on 19 Jun, 2019 07:43 PM

11. 9 Posted by Suzanne Forman on 19 Jun, 2019 07:43 PM

Ah. I’m using the web version at work.

If I switch to the desktop version at work, are my passwords at risk of being hacked in house?

Sent from my iPhone

12. Support Staff 10 Posted by Maarten Billemo... on 19 Jun, 2019 07:49 PM

If you stick with any of the official apps (ie. the links at the top of https://masterpassword.app) you should be perfectly safe.

13. Maarten Billemont closed this discussion on 19 Jun, 2019 07:49 PM.

14. Suzanne Forman re-opened this discussion on 19 Jun, 2019 08:14 PM

15. 11 Posted by Suzanne Forman on 19 Jun, 2019 08:14 PM

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone

16. Avonlea closed this discussion on 19 Jun, 2019 08:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Oct, 2019 12:51 PM
14 Oct, 2019 08:48 AM
09 Oct, 2019 02:41 PM