Masterpassword, we need a user manual!

Villy Nielsen

04 Dec, 2018 01:30 PM

Hi team.
I find your idea about a non cloud based password generator is awesome and deserves MUCH more public attention.

I am now in a trial phase and I have several difficulties as NO user manual can be found on your site.
(A click on "Knowledge database", returns only a 404 fault message!)

So where is the manual?
Some examples of what I am looking for: (screen dumps in the attached PDF file).

1) "Enter your full legal name.... Incognito Y/N"
What does this mean and what are the consequences regarding security and user friendliness?

2) "Stay resident (reactivate with Meta+Crtl+P)".
What does this mean and what does it do? FYI, haven't seen a Meta key since the Sun Microsystems days...
If you mean the Win key, it does not give any sense. Win+Ctrl+P is the switch between monitors.

3) "Site login".
What does this mean, to fill in this field and what are the consequences regarding security and user friendliness?

4) "To save a personal value in these fields, change the type to saved in the site settings.
Is saved equal to: "Saved, AES encrypted, exportable"?
Again, what does it mean, and what consequences does it have, regarding security and user friendliness?

Finally, a severe concern:
How do I use Masterpassword on a 3rd party (e.g. public) computer, on which I don't want to install anything?
We have been told to use the web solution according to support tread May 23, 2016 @ 08:05 PM: Other computers.
I have tried it and your website actually returns the correct password. How can you do that, if NO data is placed in the cloud?????

Thx. a lot in advance
Kind regards.
Villy

Btw. If you want any assistance regarding writing a manual and translating you website into Scandinavian languages, please let me know.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Dec, 2018 10:54 AM
06 Dec, 2018 04:43 AM
05 Dec, 2018 05:24 PM