Import/Exchange saved Sites from Windows PC (.jar) to Iphone or Mac

ayumihideko

06 Jan, 2019 10:11 PM

I cannot figure out how to "synch"/import sites between these two devices.
Exporting from the IPhone-App leads to a *.mpsites format and the files stored in .mpw.d are *.mpsites.json - How are these two meant to be imported on a PC or IPhone respectively (without writing my own parser)?

I'm using only apps that are available through the Masterpassword-Website.

Could you please tell me how to exchange files between these apps?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Maarten Billemo... on 06 Jan, 2019 10:50 PM

You should be able to place an mpsites file in mpw.d. The desktop app will convert it for you.

2. 2 Posted by ayumihideko on 06 Jan, 2019 10:53 PM

Thank you for your quick response.
    Right now I'm mainly struggling with the other way around. When I try to import the json to the IPhone app it simply does not suggest Masterpassword to open it with. Simply removing the .json obviously doesn't work either.

3. 3 Posted by ayumihideko on 06 Jan, 2019 11:23 PM

I just tested export from IPhone --> import to Windows in more detail. This works fine.

Couldn't figure out how to do it the other way round still :(
    When I choose "open with another app" in OneDrive it does not suggest Masterpassword, when I have the json-format there. Deleting the json from the filename does help here - but the import fails then. Same when trying this from the GMail app

4. 4 Posted by ayumihideko on 07 Jan, 2019 12:03 AM

Tested this on a Mac as well, the json-Format seemingly is not accepted as an import-Format for Masterpassword on Mac (greyed out) or iOs.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac