Restoring password file after PC Re-imaging and re-installation of Master Password App

f.michael.bremer

30 Jun, 2021 01:15 PM

Greetings! I was hoping that someone could help me sort something out with Master Password. A need had arisen to re-install Windows 10 on my PC. Before doing so, I made a full copy of the entire contents on the Hard Drive onto an external drive, after which I re-imaged the machine and selected the option to retain all files except those associated with the Windows OS.

After re-installing the Master Password App, I have been unsuccessful in trying to locate the backed up copy of the original file where the data is stored. Could someone please clarify what the file name should be and where it is typically stored in Windows 10? Also, is the process to restore as simple as selecting the option to import the file in the App interface, or are there preparatory actions I ought to take in advance of trying to do this.

Currently, the App has only two Passwords that I'd added since it was re-installed, but the list I used to have is simply gone and I'm unsure where to find it. Thanks in advance for any assistance and guidance that can help me sort this out. :)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac